Tracking the performance of your AdSense™ Ads can help you with fine tuning and detecting the effects of positioning, sizes and different color ways of you Ad-Blocks. If you’re also using Google Analytics™ on you’re web sites you can link your Analytics together with your AdSense™ account to help you along. The first primary domain is quite easy to set up but confusion seems to set in by many people when trying to add secondary domains. It’s not that it’s difficult, it’s just difficult to find, so here’s where it is:
- First, sign in to your Google Analytics™ Account
- To add secondary domains you need to be on the Account home page (new interface). Open it by clicking All Accounts/Accounts List on the left navigation bar
- While on this page, click Admin situated top right on the orange navigation bar
- Once clicked you should find yourself on Account Administration where you’re Analytics Accounts are listed. From the list, click the account you require.
- Now you’ll see a list of all domains registered under the main account together with tabbed information sections. Click on the Data Sources tab. Two sub sections of Data Sources should now be visible; AdWords and AdSense, click on the AdSense tab.
- You should see your primary domain for AdSense™ in the top Primary AdSense Domain section, assuming you have this already up and running.
- Underneath, in the Secondary AdSense domains list, you’ll see a list of all domains that you’ve added to this analytics account.
- Using the Profiles selected button, select the profile that you you want to add as a secondary domain. Then, next to your selected profile you’ll see a button called Code Snippet, select and copy the code snippet then add it to the top of your website/template/pages of this domain, update your online files.
- Click Save at the bottom of the list and you’re done.
Note: To add extra domains, you first need to have a primary domain setup. Each secondary domain profile has it’s own unique Code Snippet, so be sure to add the correct code for each. This main domain doesn’t need any extra code snippet.
Google Analytics™, AdWords™ and AdSense™ are trademarks of Google Inc.